There will be a special Zoom event this Saturday
to provide more info and an answer questions about the
Guaranteed Income Pilot For SF Based Artists.
Saturday April 10, 2021 10:30 AM
Join Zoom Meeting here
Or call 16699006833 and use Meeting ID: 820 2830 9679 and Passcode: 979481
A pilot program has been created to provide monthly income to selected San Francisco artists, and applications are now open.
- Funded by the San Francisco Arts Commission
- Administered by the Yerba Buena Center For The Arts
- 130 artists, randomly selected
- whose artistic practice is rooted in a historically marginalized community,
- live in Zip codes 94102, 94110, 94112, 94124, 94134, 94103, 94107, 94109, 94115, 94117, 94130, 94158, or 94108,
- meet income eligibility, and
- face loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic,
- will receive six regular monthly payments of $1000 between May 21 and October 1, 2021.
- These are disaster relief payments, and will not be taxed. May affect benefits.
For full information and to apply
Applications close April 15, 2021.
|“The arts are truly critical to our local economy and are an essential part of our long-term recovery. If we help the arts recover, the arts will help San Francisco recover. This new program is an innovative effort to help our creative sector get through this challenging time, and come back even stronger and more resilient than before.”|
|– The Honorable Mayor London Breed|