The LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District is pleased to share this information from the local COVID Command Center’s Community Partners Group:
San Francisco is offering free COVID-19 vaccinations to all eligible residents who live in the Bayview, Mission, Excelsior, Portola, OMI, Visitacion Valley, Tenderloin, and Treasure Island (residents 65+ OR Phase 1A OR Phase 1B in these zip codes: 94124 94134, 94110, 94112, 94107, 94102, 94103, and 94130).
Here are the details:
- If eligible, you can drop-in to Zuckerberg San Francisco General, Building 30 (1001 Potrero Ave) in the Mission every day from 9 am – 3 pm. No appointment is needed. There are no insurance requirements – you can be uninsured or have any insurance provider.
- As a reminder, eligible includes those who are 65 years and older or those who work in the following types of jobs: healthcare, childcare, education, restaurants and other food service, transit, and emergency services. For these drop-ins, you can be a volunteer in those fields or unemployed but looking for work in those fields.
- No one will be turned away for lack of proof of residence, age, or occupation but you may be asked to self-attest. You can read more here: https://sfhealthnetwork.
- Zuckerberg San Francisco
General will try to accommodate drop-ins after March 15, but efforts will be focused on vaccinating San Francisco Health Network patients in Phase 1C (people with disabilities or chronic disease) beginning on March 15, 2021.
- After two days of extending vaccines to drop-ins for eight priority zips, we can report minimal wait times and no one eligible was turned away for lack of vaccine.
- The Southeast Health Center (2401 Keith St) in the Bayview is open to drop-ins for the 94134 and 94124 zip codes but the smaller site cannot accommodate the same capacity as Zuckerberg San Francisco General.