Originally planned to coincide with the second anniversary of the Cultural District on May 9, 2020, the big event at Folsom Street Foundry has been postponed, for the obvious reason.
However, once the current crisis is over, we plan to properly celebrate the world’s first ever official LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District!
The event will be free, and we’ll be offering appetizers from local restaurants. There will be a cash bar, but soda will be free.
- A Makers Market for local artists and vendors
- Leather Fashion Show
- Live band / DJ / Dance
- Introduction to the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District
ASL interpretation will be provided if requested 10 days in advance.
This will be both a party and a showcase for the artists, artisans, performers and businesses of the District. Local artists and vendors interesting in have a free table to display and sell their creations should contact info@SFLCD.org now!
Want to get involved in planning? Join our Arts and Culture Committee!
Are you, or do you know someone who:
- owns or manages a business of any kind in the Cultural District,
- creates art, gear, or craft of any kind in and around this neighborhood,
- operates or manages a restaurant or food service here,
- performs regularly or occasionally in the District,
- creates and/or sells artwork that relates to Leather and Queer culture,
- has historical artifacts of the early days of SoMa to display or sell,
- would like to assist us in planning, organizing or publicizing,
- or otherwise has something to contribute to this event?
If so, please write to info@SFLCD.org. Thanks!
We will let you know — here and on the Facebook event page — just as soon as we know the revised date. You won’t want to miss it!