This page is about TWO opportunities, brought to our attention by the office of Supervisor Matt Haney:
Get tested for COVID-19
UCSF and St. Anthony’s are partnering to offer free Mobile COVID Testing in the Tenderloin, to all unhoused residents of District 6, during the weekend of October 10th and 11th.
WHERE: Tenderloin, SOMA, Surrounding Areas
WHEN: October 10 – 11, 2020
HOW: WE WILL BRING THE TESTING TO YOU
- How do I get tested?
- Mobile teams will come to you to provide free COVID -19 testing
- Limited testing will be available at St. Anthony’s
- What will I get?
- Information about how to safe from COVID
- Free gift card and gift bag
- Testing for the people near you if they choose to get tested
- How do I get my results?
- You can see a staff person at St. Anthony’s, call a hotline, or check the website
- What happens if I test positive?
- You will be given the results by a care team wherever you are staying
- You will be offered options for healthcare, meals, and support services
- You can either stay in temporary housing during illness, if you choose, OR
- You can also stay where you are and receive support services to help you through the illness
The UCSF team is looking for Outreach workers, They would love to hire from the community and the going rate is $24 dollars an hour (4-6 week opportunity beyond the 2 day event on our block). Click here for the Job Description.
To apply, contact Cynthia Nagendra, Executive Director, University of California San Francisco (UCSF), Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative, at Cynthia.Nagendra@ucsf.edu.
Here’s what they told us:
“We are conducting a mobile testing event where we will be sending care teams out that include Community Health Outreach Workers (CHOWs) hired from the neighborhood, a testing team, and our staff into all parts of District 6 (Tenderloin, SOMA, nearby areas), to provide testing to people living unsheltered in various locations on October 10-11. We will be offering a gift card incentive as well.
“Since this is very much a community-led effort with us, and we know the expertise is on the ground, we would very much like to be hire CHOWs from the neighborhood on a temporary, full-time basis from October 5th – November 2nd. We are looking for people who can dedicate that time to this project, who are willing to get trained, don’t need much supervision, and that are familiar with doing outreach or working with people experiencing unsheltered homelessness in District 6 (TL, SOMA, surrounding areas). I am attaching a job description here in the hopes that you might have some candidates that could be hired quickly (by the end of this week on 10/2 or by early next week).”