SOMA Second Saturdays!
Information for Artists, Vendors and Volunteers
Our first SOMA Second Saturday, on May 8, was a quiet roaring success. We are now ready to expand and fill a block of Folsom Street with safe fun.
- Date: June 12, 2021
- Time: 12 noon to 5 pm
- Location: Folsom Street between 9th and 10th, including Dore Street South of Folsom
- The LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District
- Folsom Street, and
- The SOMA West Community Benefit District
- General Information Page: sfleatherdistrict.org/show/
- Facebook Page: Click here
- Printable Poster: Click here
- Sharable graphics: for Facebook, for Instagram
- Your work should reflect “leather” themes, or your perspective or identity as part of a queer, kinky, or disadvantaged community.
- We will have a number of 10’x10′ booths which can be made available to individual artists (individually or shared).
- To apply for a booth, please use the form here.
- We will also have “gallery wall” spaces available for individual artists:
- Gallery Wall spaces will be on the exterior of the Powerhouse parklet, and on the interior corners of secure X-frames we will set up for you on Folsom.
- Your work should be suitable for hanging on a wall.
- You should have enough work to reasonably display across 10 to 20 linear feet of wall space.
- We will provide a chair and shade for you. Alas, display tables are not possible due to fire lane requirements.
- We request a donation, on a sliding scale, of 10% to 25% of your gross sales.
- To apply to display your art on the Gallery Wall, please use the form here.
- See the “fine print” below.
We welcome all booth applicants, but may give priority to:
- Local artists, artisans and craftspeople
- Vendors of leather clothing, “gear” or queer or kinky merchandise
- Local or regional clubs and organizations, especially those organized around queer, leather, kink, fetish, motorcycle, body-positivity, or similar themes.
A booth is a 10’10’ space. You may also request, at no charge while supplies last:
- A pop-up tent for shade
- One or two tables
- Two or four chairs
A donation is requested from all booth exhibitors, on a sliding scale of $75 to $175.
To apply for a booth, please use the form here.
Please apply as soon as possible; we will get in touch to discuss details and confirm.
Fine Print for Artists and Vendors:
- Please apply as soon as possible; we will get in touch to discuss details and confirm.
- Spaces are limited. Your application does not guarantee you a space.
- You are responsible for the security of your materials. Please be prepared for the possibility of high winds or rain.
- If you are bringing or requesting a pop-up tent or similar structure, we encourage you to bring sandbags or other weights.
- You are responsible for your own transaction security.
- WiFi access cannot be guaranteed, but mobile data coverage is excellent in this location.
- Please comply with guidelines regarding masks and social distancing. Masks and disinfecting materials will be available.
- Event may be cancelled due to weather, changes in city guidelines and permit regulations, or other reasons.
- Our permit calls for traffic to be stopped, and parked cars removed from Dore Street, between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Official event time is noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Please complete your setup by 11:45 a.m., remain open until 5:00 p.m., and then tear down promptly.
- A 14-foot fire lane will be maintained on the north side of Folsom and the east side of Dore. Please do not place objects in the fire lane at any time, even during setup or teardown.
- You will be permitted to drive onto the site to drop off and pick up materials between 10:00 to 11:30 am, and 5:30 to 6:00 pm).
- Parking near the site is mostly 2-hour meters. Other parking options include Costco, Soma Hub (288 12th Street), and 1401 Folsom (at 10th)
- If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- We will need both “Entrance Volunteers” and “Roaming Volunteers”.
- Volunteer shifts will be from noon to 2:30 pm, and from 2:30 to 5:00 pm.
- Snacks, supplies, and access to the Powerhouse bathroom will be offered.
- Please use the form here if you are interested in volunteering.
- We will contact you shortly to discuss and confirm.
- If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.