THIS IS A DRAFT PAGE ONLY.
INFO HAS NOT YET BEEN FINALIZED, BUT HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR
As our city slowly reopens, a number of outdoor events are being planned. The newest one will (tentatively) be called “SECOND SATURDAYS IN SOMA”. Here’s the essential info:
- Create an event in SOMA
- Co-sponsored by Folsom Street Events and the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District
- Activate and publicize the neighborhood
- Promote sales by kinky artists and craftspeople
- Promote recruitment and publicity for groups
- Provide a fun, safe, socially distanced event for folks
- Break even on cost
- Comply with then-applicable COVID-19 rules and precautions
- No food or beverage sales, no porta potties
- Use “Shared Spaces” free permit
- Booths widely spaced, accessible from 3 sides.
- No performances. Pre-recorded music
- Maximum possible volunteer support
Tentative Dates: May 8, June 12, 2021 (continuing if city extends Shared Space program)
Tentative Time: 12 noon to 5 pm
Tentative Location: Folsom between 9th and 10th plus Dore south from Folsom
Approximately 15 booths (5 for nonprofit orgs, 10 for artists)
Booth cost still to be determined (sliding scale)
Co-sponsored by Folsom Street Events and the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District
If you are interested in applying for a booth, a form will soon be available at https://forms.gle/jC5toxVNwqgYrSMx6
If you wish to join the team that is organizing the event, or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.