Hi. Thanks for your interest in the “LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District”, created by the City of San Francisco to honor, support, and protect the unique and special culture that has flourished in the South of Market area.
We encourage anyone with an interest in the leather or kink community to learn about this project, and participate however they can.
There are lots of ways to get informed and involved:
- Read this brief introduction.
- View our original (2018) brochure, or our new (September 2019) color brochure.
- Become a Member of the LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District – or at least get on our mailing list – to be notified of meetings and other events, join a committee, or volunteer your skills.
- Attend our Town Hall, on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., in the Rainbow Room of the SF LGBT Center, 1800 Market St, San Francisco. Details are here or on the Facebook event.
- Attend one of our semi-annual Membership Meetings.
- Attend (as a guest) one of our monthly Board Meetings.
- Consider joining one of our important Committees, including the Arts and Culture Committee, the Communications Committee, The Governance Committee, the Land Use Committee, or the Diversity and Membership Committee.
- Read the Resolution as approved by the Board of Supervisors, and signed by the Mayor on May 9, 2018, here.
- Read the Vision and Mission Statements for the Cultural District here.
- Read our full organizational Bylaws, here.
- View a map of the Cultural District here.
- Check out our calendar of Cultural District meetings and events, here.
- Like and follow the SF LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District on Facebook.
- Join our Group on Fetlife.
- Follow @sfleatherdist on Twitter.
- Write to our group’s elected President, Robert Goldfarb, using the email address president@SFLCD.org or more generally to info@SFLCD.org.
Let’s see what we can do to make this happen, and make it happen right!